This privacy statement informs you about the type of personal data that is collected and received through our www.aperture.co family of websites (“Site(s)” or “website(s)”) and about how Aperture uses, shares, retains and protects such personal data. When we do so we are regulated under applicable local data protection laws including in the European Union (“EU”) the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) where we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information. Aperture may also provide you with additional information at the time it collects your personal information where Aperture feels it would be helpful to provide relevant and timely information.
Aperture SA (registered office 3 Avenue Alfred Bertrand, 1206, Geneva, Switzerland) and any of its group companies (together “Aperture” or “we” or “our”) provide this website (www.aperture.co) and any associated Aperture website (“Site”). You can contact us at [email protected]
We are Aperture SA, a Swiss company registered at 3 Avenue Alfred Bertrand, 1206, Geneva, Switzerland, along with any of its group companies (hereby “Aperture”, or “we”, or “us”). We are the data controller responsible for the processing of personal data through the website.
Personal Information we may collect:
We collect personal information, meaning any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, through your voluntary interactions with us, such as when you contact us or when you provide your details to our email addresses, or through our online registration forms, when you use our services, when you use our websites and online services or when you visit our offices or attend an event. We may also receive personal information about you from third party sources.
The types of personal data we may obtain
We may collect and receive the following personal data from you
Data you give us:
- You may give us information via phone, email or by filling in forms on one of Aperture websites or portals (including www.aperture.co, as well as through other social media platforms and discussion boards like Twitter, LinkedIn, Medium, Vimeo, YouTube, Meetup or when you register or when we meet at one of our events, which are managed and organised by either Aperture or one of our group affiliates (such as “Pangea Inc. SA”), partners or independent communities and events we might sponsor
- Name and contact details (such as name, address, email, username, phone numbers, job title, social media IDs and handles); Account details (such as username and password); Personal data included in comments posted by you on the website;
- Information on your use of the website; We collect the internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version. Unique device identifier (e.g., an IMEI number or Ip or MAC address), network information, the type of operating system and browser you use, time zone settings, and other device-related information; date, time and duration of access including pages viewed. Aperture uses your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and/or to administer our Site(s). This informs us of which parts of our Site users are visiting. We might also collect information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our site, including date and time; pages you viewed, page response times, download errors, length of visits, page interaction information. We do not usually link IP addresses to any other personally identifiable information, so a user’s session will be tracked, but the user will be anonymous. However, if you click on a link to our website in a marketing email we have sent you, we will be able to link your IP address to you and we will be able to track your response to understand the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and which services are of interest to you. This helps us to avoid sending you information which is not relevant or of interest to you.
- If you give us personal information on behalf of someone else you confirm that you have given them the information set out in this notice, that they have given you permission to act on their behalf and for us to use their information as set out in this notice.
- Traffic data (such as your Internet usage).
- If you register to attend one of our Aperture events, we may need to ask you for the following additional information if we are arranging transport, accommodation and/or hospitality for you: passport/identity card details, date of birth, nationality/citizenship, dietary requirements, room requirements, dates of travel, emergency contacts. We may also collect: a) photos and videos of the event b) details of the sessions you attend c) any insights gained from sessions that you participate in and contribute to.
- We may receive information about you from one of your work colleagues or other personnel in your company or business. We may collect information about your personal or professional interests that you have made available on social media platforms you use such LinkedIn and Twitter.
- We are working closely with third parties (e.g. Aperture partners), who may share your personal information with us. We may also receive information about you from other third parties we have engaged such as business associates, subcontractors (such as “Pangea Inc. SA”), analytics providers, platform providers, search information providers or online content communities we sponsor.
- If you visit any of the Aperture office, we and/or our building Landlords may collect your name and time of entry and exit. Images of you may also be recorded via CCTV if our building has security cameras. This information may be monitored by Aperture and/or our Landlords’ facilities and security functions for safety and security purposes.
- We do not normally need to collect special categories of data/sensitive personal data. Sensitive personal data includes information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, genetic data, biometric data in order to uniquely identify a person or data concerning health or mental health, sexual orientation, criminal records. We request that you do not provide this information to us unless we specifically request this and you consent to processing of such data by us.
- We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary, for the purposes listed below. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so. We also collect non-personal information or may anonymize personal information in order to make it non-personal. Aperture may collect, store, use and transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
How we may use personal data
By submitting your personal data or using the Aperture websites, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We may use the personal data and we collect and receive from you, which we may combine with information from other sources, for the following purposes:
- To create an account for your use of our websites and allow you to participate in interactive features of our service and websites when you choose to do;
- To improve our websites and ensure that their content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer(s) or other device(s); To analyze how the website is used, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited, and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page; To administer our websites and inform internal operations, including trouble shooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; To keep our websites safe and secure;
- As required to establish and to carry out our relationship with you and obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and provide you with the information and services that you have contracted to receive from us, including but not limited to: process orders from you; update on progress on orders; issue and pursue invoices; provide after-sales support; provide you with contracted services, respond to your queries etc.
- To provide you or permit selected third parties (Aperture Partners) or business associates, subcontractors or affiliates (such as “Pangea Inc. SA”) to provide you with information about products and services which we feel may be of interest to you (if you have consented to be contacted for such purposes), and also to notify you about changes to our services and products; To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To facilitate and personalize our interactions with you and to invite you to events which may of interest, either organized by us or by business associates, subcontractors or affiliates (such as “Pangea Inc. SA”) or online content communities we sponsor. In relation to such events, we may use your name in any social media/app/event materials for the event which is available to registered attendees; Photos and video from such events may be distributed to participants and used in promotion material for future events. We will request your permission, where this is required by applicable law or we think it is appropriate.
- To invite you to participate in various surveys and research activities;
- To understand client requirements, perform analysis and comparisons and to obtain your views on our products, services and websites; To contact you, such as by sending personalized emails or newsletters, about our products and service.
We may also use the personal data and we collect and receive from you as required to comply with applicable laws and to protect our legal rights, such as to comply with our obligations under applicable laws (such as export controls and sanctions, anti-money laundering and anti-bribery and corruption laws; or use it in connection with legal claims, or for compliance, regulatory investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and other ethics and compliance reporting. You agree that we may disclose your personal information to third parties to comply with such legal requirements.
We may also collect and store personal data when you submit an application for an open position at Aperture, or asking a recruiter to do so on your behalf or providing your personal details including but not limited to: your name, contact details, email address, your interest and aspirations, name of Aperture employee referring you, and Curriculum Vitae (CV). When doing so, you are requesting Aperture to consider you for a role at Aperture, and so Aperture will hold, use and process that personal information in accordance with the terms of this Policy. If you send us a link to your LinkedIn Profile, we will access your profile in accordance with the terms and conditions of LinkedIn. Verification and Staff Checks: it will be necessary for us to verify the details you have supplied (for example in relation to your identity, academic credentials or your employment history) and for some positions, to carry out pre-employment checks (for example in relation to previous criminal convictions or an adverse financial check). The level of required checks will vary by position and will usually be conducted at as late a stage as is practicable in the recruitment process and often only after you have been selected for the position. If your application is successful, we will provide further information about the checks involved and will obtain any necessary consents or acknowledgements prior to completing such checks.
We process your information for the following purposes:
- As required to establish and perform the employment contract. This includes processing your application for a specific job.
- As required to enable our business and to pursue our legitimate interests where our interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. This includes: to make informed decisions on recruitment and ensure your suitability for the role or to keep you in mind for future roles; answer your enquiries; improve our recruitment processes and activities; manage our IT systems; and to conduct group administration.
- In order to comply with applicable laws and protection of our legal rights including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory investigative and disciplinary purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation). This includes verifying that you have the right to work in the country where your role is based.
As mentioned above, we may also ask for your consent (where required under applicable law) to carry out certain verification and staff background checks where this is required in connection with your role.
You can update your CV at any time by following the same procedure to submit a new CV.
You can request that we delete or erase any of your data in our recruitment system at any time by contacting us, see how below in this Policy.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (some of which may be outside Switzerland or the European Economic Area (EEA) area), as well as we may enter into agreements with external parties, including but not limited to Aperture partners and service providers who perform functions on our behalf (including external consultants and professional advisers such as lawyers, auditors and accountants), business associates, subcontractors or affiliates (such as “Pangea Inc. SA” or digital agencies, event organizers, PR agencies, marketing services providers, survey providers) , outsourced IT providers, analytics and search engine providers to provide services necessary for our activity, social media platforms or hotels, conference/event management providers, destination management providers. Under these agreements we may share your information with these external parties, to the extent that use of your information for these purposes is necessary for our legitimate interests or for the legitimate interests of those external parties.
Retention of your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using transport layer security technology.
We will hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller. We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the practices described in this policy. The following criteria are used to determine data retention periods for your personal data:
- Retention in case of queries- we may retain your personal information as long as necessary to deal with your queries.
- Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements- We may retain your personal information for 7 years after the account or service has been closed or has come to an end based on your legal and regulatory requirements. This information may also be used to defend any legal claims.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information. Your data protection and privacy rights under these third-party platforms will be governed by their respective privacy policies.
How we protect your personal information
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, due the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored is absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We will seek to act on your request within 30 days (subject to any extension to which we are lawfully entitled). You are free at any time to withdraw the consent for the processing of your personal data. The consequence might be that we can’t proceed with certain activity If we intend to use your personal data for marketing purposes, we will usually inform you before we collect such personal date. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data; you have the right to ask us to not to do so. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we may use to collect your Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or via post Aperture SA, 3 Avenue Alfred Bertrand, 1206, Geneva, Switzerland
If you have unresolved concerns, you may also complain to the relevant supervisory authority (if applicable) in the country where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
Updates to this privacy statement
We may occasionally update this privacy statement. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement in order to stay informed of how we use your information.